From Katherine Harrington, President & CEO | West Des Moines Chamber of Commerce
Valentines Day is tomorrow, and we wanted to spotlight how much we love our city and region with a snapshot of how the WDM Chamber’s Dream Team and volunteers are supporting our members and City to help position our City and region as the best in America to live, work, and play. Below is a summary of Chamber momentum, and many of the exciting ways you can be involved.
Refer a new member to us this year and help us get to 1000 members by the end of 2024. We are over 800 currently. Interesting Fact: Did you know that when your organization is a WDM Chamber member, ALL OF YOUR EMPLOYEES are members and can plug into Chamber Benefits and discounts? Click here to learn more.
100 YEAR ANNIVERSARY MOMENTUM:
- Registration and Sponsorships are NOW OPEN for the May 16th Annual Dinner & 100 Year Anniversary Party at Val Air Ballroom. Click here to reserve your ticket and let me know if you are interested in sponsoring this historic event.
- Join us Thursday Feb 15th at a VIP reception at Joanie & Dan Houston’s home from 5:00-7:00pm. Click here to register.
- Attend the Mentoring for Women Presented by Wellabe event featuring 100 mentors, fashion show at lunch, and cocktail reception March 8th at Prairie Meadows. Click here to register.
- The WDM Chamber Foundation is making progress and we are filing official paperwork soon.
- The New Civic Connect Government Affairs Committee is proud to announce our first event on March 22nd at the WDM Chamber 2:00-3:00pm featuring Iowa State Representative David Young.
- Follow us on social media and see the fun ‘Throwback Thursdays’ campaign. Send us your own ‘throwback photos’ and we will post them! · We kicked off the first Visionary Leaders Forum event Feb 2nd and had GREAT response. Click here to learn more.
- Feb 23 is the Day of Kindness Sock Drive organized by the WDM Leadership Academy & Alumni.
- Join top companies and be part of the Talent Attraction Campaign where we recruit the best and brightest for your organization. Connect with me to learn more.
- Applications are NOW OPEN for the 17th annual WDM Leadership Academy presented by NCMIC.
- Encourage your young professionals to be part of West YP – the largest YP program in the State of Iowa.
- Join West YP at ‘Mastering Personal Branding in the Digital Age’ on Feb 20th 4:00-6:00pm. Register here.
- Registration is NOW OPEN for the fourth annual Athene Black & Brown Business Summit April 18-19. Click here to register.
- Sponsorships are now open for the Athene Black & Brown Business Summit. Contact me if you would like to be involved.
- Join this week’s luncheon on Feb 15th where we will hear from LGBTQ leaders from across the state of Iowa. Click here to register.
- Be part of the Latino Trade Network and see how you can support Latino business owners and entrepreneurs.
- Save the date for the DEI Workplace Excellence Awards on Sept 12th.
- We are combining forces with the City of WDM this year and Raccoon River Rally will also be part of Park Palooza on June 8th.
- Register your team for the Rally/Palooza fun Cardboard Boat Races.
- Join us at our fun Feb 22nd Rush Hour. Details and registration here.
- Be part of Breakfast B4 Business on March 6th. Register here.
…and much more! Let me know how you would like to be involved and we look forward to helping you! Contact me at email@example.com or 515-689-4447 mobile.